The weather in the country is just either hot or wet. When it’s hot, it’s just too hot. The rainy season is slowly occurring and it somewhat helps in easing up the heat. People look for air-conditioned areas wherever they can. In the our country, our cars are considered as an essential part of our lives already so it’s best to take good care of it. There are a number of wheel, body, exhaust, engine and muffler seller in the Philippines that could help you in purchasing good quality parts to help you maintain your car. However, in terms of air-conditioning, especially in the ever-changing temperature of the Philippines, it’s best we teach ourselves on how to make it last longer. How do we take care of it though? Here a few tips:
Courtesy of blog.automart.co.za
- The aircon system of your car must be checked up on once a year and be cleaned to avoid dirt and also the internals of the system of aircon system overall.
- Cars have their warranty booklets so take a look on the aircon page to know more about your car’s air-condition to know about its maintenance.
- Take note on maintaining the proper Freon levels.
- Clogging may happen after a few years, so if you start to hear or feel one happening, have it checked in a professional car repair shop before your cooling system leads to corrosion.
- Make it a habit to set your air-conditioning to the coolest setting and the highest fan speed for 10 minutes once a week. Then set it on defrost mode for 5 minutes as this prevents molds from forming.
- The evaporator, compressor, and condenser are critical parts of your aircon and should be properly working at all times.
- Like the previous tip, the pumps, hoses, and valves should be well lubricated all throughout the aircon’s system.
- During car service, ask the mechanic to check the refrigerant level.
- Your air-conditioning must be at full service once a year to ensure that it is in good condition especially during the hot weather days.
Courtesy of www.roamingwheels.com
Here is also a list to take note of important things for your air-conditioning:
- Air vent temperature check
- Reclaiming, recycling or replacement of operating gas
- Replacement or check of receiver drier / filter
- Adjustment of drive belts and pulleys
- Check operation of valves and thermostats
- Leak test of system lines and components
- Inspection of hoses and components
- Cleaning condenser fins
- Deodorize and sanitize system
So if you own a car and you’re personally maintaining it, never neglect to take a look on your AC. It might certainly be costly but it is a critical part of your car to have the aircon checked. However, if you don’t own one, try to recommend these tips to those you know who own a car. No one would like a car that doesn’t blow good air, right? And it’s also for the health of the passengers because bad air causes some negative effects on our body. So if you noticed that something was already wrong in the air-conditioning of someone’s car, remind them to keep these tips on mind.
Drive safe and breathe in good air!
1,160 total views, 1 views today