- Check on the tag. The back of the tag should have the details of the color of the bag and the style information. But always remember counterfeiters can do tags also.
- Tags are attached to a black string, but this is no guarantee that the bag is authentic.
- For some Marc Jacobs bag they have a made in what country tag and a season code tag. It is located inside the bag and at the bottom of the interior of the bag.
- You will also find another code on the season tag at the back of it. But always remember that some MJ bags don’t have season tag.
- Most common manufacturers of MJ bags are from Italy, China and Indonesia.
- Check the hardware. MJ bags have a metal hardware, so it is really hard to get a chip on it and MJ is engraved to the hardware also.
- MJ bags mostly use RIRI or Lampo for their zippers.
Here is a sample pic from an authentic MJ bag. Will surely update soon this part for more info on spotting Marc Jacobs bag: