I received a message from someone (I prefer not to post her name) asking me to check her Lacoste L.12.12 . She gave me pictures of the bag that she has so I started looking at it, Since I don’t sell Lacoste items I read the articles on the internet and ask some of my friends about the bag. So here are some of my observations and research that I found. I will post the first pictures that I have seen on the Lacoste website will post soon the pics from the reseller.
Here the things that we should know about AUTHENTIC Lacoste L.12.12 tote bag:
- The back of the tag should have a listing of details about the bag (e.g. PVC, cow hide trimmings, Size: Large shopping bag)
- The front of the tag which has the Lacoste letters should be bigger and slim.
- The straps are made with garter that is why authentic Lacoste L.12.12 is so soft and flexible and the stitching is fine no crooked lines.
Zipper Reach (up to where your zipper can reach)
- The zipper should almost be at the edge of the bags please see pictures attach for comparison.
- Older versions of Lacoste L.12.12 used YKK as their zipper, but most of the zipper used today has a capital M engraved. The letter M should not be crooked and wide.
- The letters engraved on the handle should be light and shallow.
Ribbon Binder (the white cloth that you see with the Lacoste letters)
- It should be slim not thick, clean and seamless.
10,976 total views, 11 views today