I was asked about how to spot a fake Balenciaga bag. Since I don’t have that bag personally I am encouraging everyone to help me out here :). So for now I will impart what I have read and hopefully someone will lend me an Authentic Balenciaga bag to be inspected.
– Balenciaga is very popular for its softest and thinnest leather. Don’t get me wrong about the thinnest but it’s really durable.
– Fake Balenciaga has a very rough and shiny leather which the authentic one does not posses.
– Fake Balenciaga uses shiny and very silvery hardware, but the authentic ones are made of brass and not shiny.
– Balenciaga uses Lampo zipper, but remember that counterfeiters will always try to copy from what is original. ( I will soon investigate on how to spot a fake Lampo zipper) Always remember that zipper cannot assure that the item is authentic already.
– Balenciaga bags cannot stand on its own unless it’s filled with so much stuff inside.
– Rivet (will soon post photos), this is the hardware that connects your strap to the bag. It has a circular shape, but has a c shape both on the side.
– Bale, is the one that connects the hook to the ring that is attached to the bag. The bale should be rounded not square.
– Hardware, it should be secured not loosen.
– Stitching, The stitching should be perfect and tight.
– Brand Tag, there are 2 kinds of brand tag Balenciaga uses, (1) is the Metal brand tag. (2) Is a leather brand tag.
– In 2008, Balenciaga uses a sterling silver for the brand tags.
– The stitching of the brand tag, the top stitching should be in black and the rest will be the same color of your bag.
– On the brand tag you can see some numbers, when you flip the tag you should see the same numbers that is printed in front of the tag.
– In 2013, they introduce Rose Gold hardware.
Here is terminologies that you will encounter for Balenciaga Bags:
– RH – or the Regular Hardware. This is made of brass, which oxidizes after a long while.
– MGGH or G12 – Newest “mini” giant hardware
– PH – Pewter Hardware
– GCH – Giant covered hardware
– FBH or FB – Flat brass hardware
– RGGH- Rose gold giant hardware
– G21 – Giant silver hardware
– GGH – Giant gold hardware
How to read the information card?
1.The year of production (2010)
2.The season (3, indicates Fall winter, 1 spring summer)
3. The bag style, it has 6 numbers.
4. The hardware style number, It composes letters and numbers, mostly in 3 letters 2 numbers.
So I think this is it for now, I will upload soon some photos so that you could see clearly what I am trying to explain here. 🙂