Since the new school year is fast approaching this is the time that we learn how to do the famous bento boxes. I am so guilty that whenever I prepare my kids baon I don’t put any designs to make it more appealing. Although bento boxes can take most of our time, it can surely make our kids eat their food.
Here’s a video form Yoshii Shinobu, the author of Four Bento Sansons. The video will teach you how to make your Fried chicken extra special!
- Cut a drumstick into ten pieces and add some salt.
- Refrigerate the chicken for one hour and take it out and wash the chicken
- Add mashed garlic, ginger, and cooking wine and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Add egg mixture, light soy sauce, starch and flour and mix well.
- Let it drain for 15 minutes.
- Dip the wooden chopsticks into the frying pan until there are bubbles around the chopsticks.
- Fry the chicken for 2 minutes in oil at 160 degree and scoop it up.
- Heat the oil to 180 degree, and fry the chicken again for 30 seconds.
- Slice the color pepper into pieces and stir-fry and add the dried bonito.
- Cut the sweet potato into pieces and steam it.
- Add the mayonnaise and black pepper before it cools and smash it.
- Pack the bento and put your own style to it!
There you go! Hope this article can help you entice your kids to eat healthy and eat more this school year!
489 total views, 1 views today